Welcome to the personal blog of student,
writer and occasional bum Eli James. More...

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Camp and Tongue-ed

Many, many things happened during camp. First off is that i discovered the weird truth that, like almost anything else in my life, i can get distracted even while speaking tongues. Its weird - like i leave my mouth on an autopilot pattern, and then think about my kimia homework left back home.

Oh dear. Sorry Lord.

But it doesn't really matter - most of the people around me, Li Ern, Philimon, the two pastors, were all encouraging those with the gift to use it, and sometimes in the middle of worship we break into a tongue intercession. Very weird, especially since Josh next to me is this very melodious English singer, and usually gets better results than my gabbling.

And then there was Pastor Kenneth. Nothing i say here will ever fully grasp the message he was trying to drive home, but i'm tired and worn out, and my darn wisdom tooth is coming out, and i have this horrible toothache. Another post.

I was in this bunk with Issac, Dennis, Stephan (Sibu guy), some chinese dude, and Quan Wei (KL guy). And on the 2nd night (we later used David's phone to kacau Andrea and Happy by asking them frankly stupid questions and imitating everyone from Patrick Star to Brad Pitt) Isaac told me he wanted to speak to Vicky, coz she was half Kelabit, and so was he, and they were probably related. I told him we'll see tomorrow.

And the next day during breakfast there was this perfect opportunity. She wasn't even in a pack of girls (which always makes me compare them to wolves or something) and was picking her breakfast. I told Isaac. He told me probably later in the bus. I said he mind as well ask her later on in school (he's St Jo, she's St Th3). He said probably next year. That was the last straw.

"Vicky," I said, talking across the table, "Issac wants to ask you something."

"Oh," She said, "Who's Isaac?"

And at that moment Issac came over and was forced to find out if they were related. Turns out they are. I happily went back to my seat, saying, "See what a little forced sleight of hand can do?"

Josh choked on his tea and told me i did it all the time on him.

Owh well.

Really though, there were a LOT of Josephians and Theresians, and i couldn't help drawing comparisons with St Mae and St Thom. I now admit that both have different propensities (why am i even using such a word?) of attractive girls, but hey, as a guy? St Th3 more choice larr.

No comments: