Welcome to the personal blog of student,
writer and occasional bum Eli James. More...

Thursday, February 05, 2009

I Am A Riceball

Expired_Onigiri_by_Shien279

Thank you, Ida. I owe you. =)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are welcome=)

Garrick said...

You wanna be a rice ball O.o

MisC^2 said...

I can't see the picture.. Hmmm...

But the title reminds me of Tohru Honda when she was little from Fruits Basket. XD

She was "riceball" amongst her fruit-named friends in a game. The little children would call out a certain fruit if they want them to play, eg: shout "apple" and the kid given the name "apple" can join in. While all of them kept calling fruit names, little "riceball" Tohru Honda would just wait at the side patiently for someone to shout "riceball" so she can play.

So poor thing, she was always left out. Not one kid shouted "riceball". ='(

MisC^2 said...

OK, now I see it.

Riceball?? (O_o)

Anonymous said...

I just simply don't understand. Are you equating yourself to Tohru Honda?

Eli James said...

@Ida: =3

@Garrick: Ida bestowed the name onto me. I, like several other knights of prominent stature who receive their titles from the Queen, dare not refuse it.

@Cass: I think the proper term was onigiri, right? And yeah, most Jap riceballs aren't very ball-y in shape. Altho the seaweed underwear does make me pause.

@Nick: As Ida says ... IT'S JUST A BLOODY DRAWING.

Anonymous said...

It's supposed to be a seaweed underwear? I thought the green part was the mouth...

Anonymous said...

onigiri is like triangular shaped rice.. triangles? THEY'RE NOT RICEBALLLLLSSSSSSSSSS~~ (jz a stack of rice that the OCD japanese had to make look pretty)

the seaweed is for ppl to HOLD the rice.. triangles. i mean onigiri. so the whole thing doesnt fall apart. hehehe geddit.

and yes, i see the japanese as having OCD cos they HAVE to make all their meals nice, and shapely and neat. which aint a bad thing i have to emphasise. hehehe

Eli James said...

@Nick: the CURVE is the mouth. The seaweed is the underwear. ;-)

@Anne Omines: What's wrong with holding the rice with your fingers? We do that ALL the time in Malaysia wad!

Vivian Kon Ching Sian said...

No wonder you ask me cute anot.

HMMMM!

Eli James said...

@Viv: =.= Yala I know la my seaweed underwear cute la ish ...

Vivian Kon Ching Sian said...

LOL! hahaha.

I'm not saying anything here.

We talk privately yaa.

=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

Eli James said...

SHE READING YOU KNOW YOU ISH ... XD