I find Form 6 depressing.
There. I've said it. I've probably blown Wen Qi's ear drums to bits with complaining and venting and ranting on Friday, after watching the Simpsons with her, Tay, Sam and Viv. Had a really smashing time in the cinema (Viv was doing a running commentary on almost everything), but was jolted back to hard reality by the time I came out and saw blue sky.
I wish someone would drop a glass bowl over Kuching. Makes life so much easier with impending doom.
It was as if my entire life was academics. It'd probably be a lot more fun if I was involved in a dozen activies, learning and interacting and organizing. (That just about describes the Prefectorial Board). It won't be good for my academics, but damn it'll be exciting.
Then I went to Judo. Warmed up. Threw and dashed and choked and rolled. Laughed and screamed (Ting knocked my head, Tang hit my groin, very normal). Learned two new unorthodox grips. Figured out a crucial part of a footsweep.
I lived again.
They say endorphins are hormones that block out pain. They didn't mention how good it feels - to forget. Judo is my drug.

I went to bed with a smile on my face.


8 comments:
Going for Ultimate Warrior?
I'd imagine you very excited to go. From what I've heard about it la.
This is one of the harsh fact of form six, Ced. Academic requirement and (now even Ko-K) such will push anyone to the limit. But u can make it through, you will find uni is a much, MUCH easier place than school. Look wht i am doin nw, online everyday.....(ok bad example!!LOL)
Nah, my ears were not blown to smithereens. My capacity of listening to ranting and venting is higher than that lar.
you have not explained why form 6 is depressing. Too academic? thats it??
I guess thats just something that I would never find out ever in my life.
@Sam: no judoka are going. Not enough pain training (withstanding pain from kicks and punches while closing up the distance between fighters). Plus sensei probably won't want to teach us any of the forbidden techniques we can (and should) use there.
@Zhe Rong: I'll push through. I hope.
@Wen Qi: Yeah, but it is annoying to hear me whine, isn't it? I've been influenced.
@Robin: It's the academics. As if academics is the sole focus of my life. Nothing else. Everyday books and books and books. Effing depressing.
You will!!! We, the form six-ers are tougher!!!! I am glad that i went through form six and the most memorable 2 years of my life!!!!
yeah, I guess thats the life of education in Malaysia, less practicality approach. One can only learn so much on how to drive in theory, but without actually be behing the steering wheel, how can one actually learn the real driving lessons?
Malaysia is seriously lacking, and lagging behind in education standards. And no one is doing anything about it.
ey there is a ultimate warrior comp here in labuan.some tae kwon do guys are here already.too bad won't be here to watch...
Post a Comment