I've been doing two things in Kuching since I came back: programming and friends. (Well friends here include family, and of course the lion share's of time is with Ida /wink).
What I haven't been doing is writing: any and all writing I've done since I've been back has been constrained to emails and the occasional Pandamian feature release. And so I kinda-sorta miss writing. Which explains why I'm taking some time to write this short missive.
I am constantly surprised by the sheer number of books in my bedroom. I came back from Singapore and my first reaction was 'God it's so big!', followed by a rummaging of the huge number of books I've stacked up over the years.
I'm now in the middle of three books, and two ebooks, and they make me absurdly happy. I read them when I'm sick of programming.
I think I've forgotten how nice it is to buy and keep books without care for space — in Singapore I never have enough storage space, and so I only keep five that are dear to me:
- The New Turing Omnibus
- The Bible
- What's So Amazing About Grace?
- Osotogari
- The Mythical Man Month
And this is how — at night, when I'm lying on my bed with only the street-lights from outside to illuminate their spines — that I know I am home.

4 comments:
That last line: It reads like erotic fiction about an affair with books:)
But what girl has so many spines?! ;-)
*Read again the last line while ignoring the original message*
MIND. BLOWN. (sort of)
Oh, imagination!
'what's so amazing about grace' AWESOME BOOK. gah i gave it away though ><
Post a Comment