Welcome to the personal blog of student,
writer and occasional bum Eli James. More...

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Studystack

Been studying 4-5 hours a day, which is torture if it wasn't for a steady stream of good music. The following are a few albums I've been listening to on near constant loop for the past few days. Click on any one of them to listen to download one song from that album ... not the best, but the most listener-friendly.

0deathcab
metro-station
2671944654_4c98af7535
0visiter
Print

Note: I'm an alt junkie, so all of the above music are from the alternative genre. Metro Station is the only band you'll hear on Malaysian radio - they're new, relatively unknown, and the lead singer is Miley Cyrus's older brother Trace. Paradoxically, he actually makes decent music.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even manage two hours...goodness.

Eli James said...

You don't need as much as I do, Nick. I'm really behind on almost everything.

Anonymous said...

if you like metro station you should listen to pigeon detectives,wombats or vampire weekend. i think you'll like the latter most.

Eli James said...

Thanks for the recommendations Jyl. I'll check them out ASAP. Metro Station is just ... decent. Not standouts in any way - but then again they're really young.