Abraham and I are at Math tuition, and we're bored out of our minds because we have forgotten to bring graph paper and the whole class is doing ogives. I cannot remember exactly what we were talking about before, but somehow Abraham says: "There's a lot of BL students in this class."
I look around. There are two girls busy sketching their graphs behind Abraham, there's a noisy bunch at the back joking in Chinese, and then there's Nicholas in the front, busy and hunched over his desk.
I lean over to Abraham and say: "BL produces a lot less jerks than Green Road."
Abraham makes a face. He is the head boy of Green Road so he cannot reply to that without incriminating himself.
I cut in: "You don't count, even if you're head boy - you're not a pure Greenian."
Abraham stops making the face.
"And anyway, it's the same with how Thomians are gays and Thresians are snobs and Marians are bitches."
"And Josephians?" Abraham cuts in.
A pause. I rack my brain for a generalization to apply to them.
"Shit." I say, comprehension dawning, "they're perfect."
And Abraham cannot stop grinning at me.
Times like this and I wonder why I'm a Thomian to start off with.
Friday, June 06, 2008
Perfection
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

23 comments:
josephians perfect?
Thats hard to say but I shall not comment any further. I do disagree with that statement though.
@Jyl: yeah I guess that's another way of generalizing. It just didn't strike me at the time.
Sure St Thom isn't gay school? *winks*
@Reening: I don't agree either, but I couldn't think of any generalization at the time. So "Shit they're perfect." made the whole thing funny.
School culture.
BL produces less jerks merh. Hmm Green Road has more eng tao guys!! I mean.. i mean beautiful girls, yeah. Yeah.
Stereotyping!
But I disagree. St. Jo do NOT produce perfect people. ... Jerks. Hahaha.
@Daniel: guys! Hehe you should know ... *coughseancough*
@Aldrin: generalizing was the word to come to my mind. But yeah stereotyping's right too. I didn't think 'jerk' straightaway, tho ... hrmm. Maybe you've got to date them to know them.
St Jo guys are basically sissy? I know some of them are afraid of animals, especially when they are alive before dissection. LOL! Forget I said that.
Hmm...I wonder what am I then? A Highian crossbred with Thomian + a small drop of Sungai Tapang...
LOL-erskates!
@Val: They are?! I didn't ... errr ... expect that.
@Zhe Rong: You're unique. But I don't think St Thom left that huge a stamp on you - you're not incessantly sarcastic, no?
@ Ced: Unique? Oddball-ish is much more appropriate for me lol.
St. Thom do leave some stamp somewhat...I do have tinge of sarcasm too. *wink*
Hey, if you're oddball, what about me?
Me in St Thom no female contact so long go wacko.
=)
Thomians are weird! Hahaha! Somebody got it right ...
Yes, he was from Gapor, but he moved to GRSS for Form 6.
@ Ced: *Breathe in* Butt-Kicking often-misunderstood geeky genius. *Breathe out* Betul kot?
I still go wacko even with female contact, so no need to sweat about it.
ROFL-copters!
I'm flattered to be called a butt-kicking often-misunderstood geeky genius.
Now lemme just somewhere to put that tagline. =)
Ced, you have no idea. Me neither, until someone told me that she has to kill a rat for her friend (a Josephian). Let's just hope this comment goes unnoticed by the Josephians. Or I am in huge trouble.
But basically, the Teresians I know are nice and completely not-living-to-Teresian's-reputation.
One of them is Clarence Bong's sis.
@Sam: Who? Daniel? And what IS number 8?
@Val: yeah. Let's hope this goes unnoticed too. But I've just realized how many stereotypes there are. Josephians are ... rat phobic. Ehehehe =)
Oooh, I love being bitchy. Can't live without it. With so many comments breaking the strerotype mould, finally you have one that actually conforms. Lol.
Sorry, I meant stereotype. Ughh, my brain is still dead due to that EVIL case of flu.
@Tracy: I shall stay clear of you when you're in bitch mode. ;P
@Jia Wern: I'm Thomian, and I'm not hot. It's funny how these generalizations work out, y'know?
I'm scared of white mice.
Apparently also their insides =)
Generalisations do sometimes apply. Ever notice how Lodgians always have that almighty air around them, Greenians that nasty-suspense aura and marians and theresans a sort of excessively-feminine-yet-we're-tough-girls-who-can-run-you-down-in-a-fight-esp-with-english air around them.
Strange why no one's talked about generalisations for other schools. *catch my drift
Ced, it's too bad you're scared of white mice. They actually make great intelligent pets. They can be anywhere but when you call them they'll come to you chirping, I think that they are the ideal pet to have. ve learnt much from my stupid hamsters.
Here is one generalization that will work: Hamsters adorable and stupid. Rats are elegant and smart.
Other than that I think that generalizations seem true only when you don't know someone.
I know each of my hamsters though, a sample space of 24. Maybe it's still too little and there may be smart ones.
OMG Paul that was hilarious.
Walao eh...
So I am...a lot more of a kiasu jerk than BLs? :D
Nice.
I quote Daniel on this one: Green Road jerks are jerkier than the jerks of other schools.
The mind boggles at the structure of that sentence.
Post a Comment