There is too much in the past 3 weeks to blog about. Here's a condensed slice:
- Judo demo finished last week. I've no idea on the reception just yet, but it feels good to show off. Just once.
- Square meeting yesterday. Items to push: noticeboard stuff (boring and unnecessary, if you ask me) and finalizing a design for the next decade or so. I am not happy with the administration's insistence on club reports. Arguing next week for more leeway in the content I want - articles.
- Pushing to move Judo to Batu Lintang. Talks begin next week. Let's see how we go about it.
- I can throw Anderson the Black Belter. Yes, he slams me 5 times for every one time I nail him, but it's a start.
- Catching up for Physics and Math. I am trying my best to appreciate equations.
- I am still awaiting MPH in The Spring. Everyone, including my grandparents, has lepak-ed there. Except probably me.
- A few Form 5s have asked for representation for creation of the debate club. It is exactly as I'd predicted last year - these people are forced to joined the English Language Society, something that sucks if you're only involved in debate. Talks should resume next week, after nothing to show for half a year's worth of haggling.
- Swimming in Sarawak Club after gym every Saturday. I can only manage 5 laps.
- Homework pile per day is insane.
- I drive everywhere now. To and from school (sisters in back seat urgh), to Judo, to gym, to the MSN office. 5 cars were broken into last week, with items ranging from a CD player to a badminton racket stolen.
- I sang in ISCF today. It was pretty scary.
- Active writing life: I've got two drafts for the Commonwealth Essay comp, neither of which are complete, and somewhere down the pipeline is an article for the Thomian 160th anniversary celebrations. I'm supposed to educate the Old Thomians in an aspect of modern education without coming over as preachy. And to entertain them. I do not know how to go about this.
- We have to paint our respective classes soon.
- I have new in-ear earphones. They're a bright spot in the week. I love them.
The choice to not be a prefect is paying off. The irony is that I probably will have no certificates for any of these efforts. Nor am I in any leadership posts, apart from Editor. But there is no time to reflect on this. Next week beckons. I must be off.

10 comments:
A debate club is a good idea. Sparring every week makes a great difference
But taking into account all your activities, ehheh ^.^
I'm counting on training by Orlnda, though I don't think I can do anything more than that.
It's more of a vehicle to get marks for them now, I'm sad to say. I've just not enough time to put into the club - everything else is ... demanding, to say the least.
Do you know how much I would sacrifice for an active debate club in my school?
*Hands out leg*
You can push for one. The same way I'm pushing for so many things. And form 4 is the time to do so, seeing as you're spending HOURS in school.
Wow Ced u r way too active compared to my staid highschool life...even my current uni life didn't have as much as yours orher than my AIESEC activities...
I think being busy is doing you good eh? You sound so content, accomplished, purposeful. Though ok, tired. Take care then, know your limits.
Singing in ISCF is NOT scary okay. That's if you can let yourself go and immerse yourself into the music. ;)
You guys sure lead busy lives, don't you? Hahaha.
@Zhe Rong: I can't stand not doing anything? Holidays do not agree with me.
@Wen Qi: As perceptive as always. Yes, I admit that's a fine line there I have to thread carefully. And I do hope my academics turn out okay. Need to study study study.
@Aldrin: Busy? Us?! Your gen was crazier and better and cooler and stuck in more activities than mine!
uu swimmm? LOL
I was a regular swimmer back in Forms 2 and 3. It wasn't very good for my skin, or my hair. Judo is so much better. =)
Post a Comment