Welcome to the personal blog of student,
writer and occasional bum Eli James. More...

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Losing Grip

Well, lets see.

St Thomas is on a losing spree.

The drama? As i had predicted (but hoped against all hope that it wouldn't come true), we lost and got third place. Public speaking we got lost and got 2nd place (Aaron's job - he did well, but *sigh*)
Debate versus St Mae? Hmmph. We lost to them. Why?

Me.

I broke the number 1 rule in debate - be professional. I wasn't. So i became the debate equivalent of a rock star - endearing to the audience but hated by critics (or, in my sorry case, the judges).

I still can't forgive myself. The inter school debate (yeah, that big one) is coming up in two days and i pray i'll be not as crazy as the last time. Coz you never know. Perhaps I need to go to a girls toilet before the professional gene is activated.

Or else i'll just make everyone laugh.

No comments: